Oct 1, 1991
Today was the Asian Conference in Fresno. It was really fun. It was sure good to see everyone and here how all of the people that I have worked with in different areas are doing. it was also good to be able to listen to President Bott.
We spent a great deal of our time there evaluating the different areas, but we spent very little time actually talking about ways to improve things there and now. This conference was mostly a forum for President Bott to gather information from all of the Asian missionaries at the same time. i found that there was a wonderful spirit present at the conference. It is truly an honor to have the opportunity to serve with so many of the Lord’s choice servants.
I did learn one thing today that was fairly disappointing. The priesthood lines of authority do not always work as they should.
Tonight we gave Cheng Mous’s boy, Vue, the Aaronic Priesthood under the direction of our branch president so that he can do baptisms for the dead tomorrow.
October 4, 1991
The past few days I have not felt very well at all. I have had a cold, stomach ache and headache. In addition to that, it has been about 100 degrees all week. However, it is supposed to start cooling down soon.
Kristin is really having a hard time. i think this is probably the hardest time that she has had yet. I don’t know what I can do to help. I miss her a lot, but I don't know how to help her. I think that she is feeling a lot of stress over the changes that could come into her life in the nest year. I am not too sure how to help her, but I’ll sure give it my best.
Missionary work here is going really well. I sometime get frustrated by how slowing things of, but I am sure that the Lord is doing it His way. i only hope that I am able to fulfill my part of His wonderful plan.
I’d better go and eat lunch. I’ll write more tomorrow.
Oct 5, 1991
General Conference is certainly one of the greatest events to take place on the face of this earth in any year. What a wonderful opportunity it is to be able to sit at the feet of the prophets and hear the counsel of the Lord. If I was to study those talks until next General Conference, I don't think that I could ever learn the true value of the words which were spoken today. I think that perhaps I know now what it must have been like to sit at the feet of King Benjamin as he taught the Nephites. i have so much to learn about this simple gospel that I teach on a daily basis that I don’t understand how I will err be an adequate teach of the truth.
I feel somewhat better today than I did yesterday. I am still quite concerned about Kristin. She seems to be so far away. I am sure that the Lord will take care of her, but I sure do worry about her.
I received a letter from mom today. She is doing well, as is the rest of the family. It was really good to hear from her. letters sure mean a lot to mea as a missionary. No matter what happens to help a missionary, nothing can ever compare to a simple expression of love from a loved one at home.
(I love you boys, more that you know!- Mom)
Oct 6, 1991
Today has been truly one of the spiritual highs of my entire mission. I love to hear the apostles teach about Jesus Christ. If only I was as good at doing what they teach me as I am at listening to the words that come out of their moats. i have so far to go and so much to learn.
Every Sunday we go to the Henefer’s house for dinner. One of their tow daughters. (Both of which have been divorced) has been dating a guy who is currently taking the missionary lessons. We had the opportunity to teach the family about how to receive answers to their prayers. It was actually a chance to teach him the same thing without him even knowing it. The Spirit there was really strong. I absolutely love being able to feel the Spirit. i only wish that I could live to be more worthy of the promptings of the Holy Ghost. I am definitely at one of my spiritual peaks on my pathway to perfection. i wish that I could always feel like this, but then I guess that the Lord knows better than I what is best for me.
The gospel is true. Being a missionary is awesome. I love Jesus Christ with all of my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment