Sunday, March 8, 2015

3/9-3/16/1992

March 11, 1992
Once again, it is been far too long since I wrote in my journal. Today my companion fell off his bike and twisted his knee really hard. We went to the hospital to see how extensive the damage was. He seems to be alright. He apparently strained a ligament, but the doctor didn't think that it was torn. Nonetheless we spent most of the afternoon in the hospital.
Tonight, Elder Jensen and I went and taught tooj lis and his family. The discussion went really well. We talked a lot about the way in which the hmong customs relate to the Old Testament and the law of Moses. The discussion went awesome.
About 10:00 PM, Elder the Badell and his companion. Called and asked us to go get them and take them to pick up their bikes. We went. Pres. Bott called us to talk to Elder Badell after we left. When I got home, we gave Elder Reese are a blessing for his knee. Pres. Bott called me and reprimanded me strongly for being out late and finding excuses to break the rules. He was mad, but he is the president. I won't be late again.
March 12, 1992
Pres. Bott called this morning to apologize for being angry last night. Today has been awesome! One of the best days of my entire mission. All of the trials of the last week we're definitely worth it! Tooj lis said that he wants to be baptized! I am so happy. I cannot believe how much the Lord has blessed me! I am so happy that Elder reeser is going to be able to see an entire family get baptized before he goes home. Also his brother wants to be baptized as well. What's more, his nephews want to be baptized. They wanted to do it tomorrow, but we couldn't have everyone ready by then. I am really psyched! I can't wait. I hope and pray that the Lord will allow all of this to come through for them. I love to be a missionary!
We also picked up a very good couple today I am so happy I really love to be in the service of the Lord!

Letter from Elder Jason Ehlert written in dad's journal:

Well, Clarke today was my P-day - 18 months man – I don't think I've ever been so scared – I love my mission serving the Lord. Surely there is nothing better-I know that you know that-I love this gospel and I love my savior, I wish somehow I could express my love for the savior perhaps are dedicated work here is the only way we can truly show that love – bringing souls to Christ. There is no greater joy. We really become good friends this last couple of months. We have a lot in common and most importantly our love of missionary work and I really think it will be great to grow together after our missions. We have a great capacity to do a great work whatever it is.thanks for the example you have set for me as a missionary and as a leader. You're a stud – love your stealthy brother, Elder Jason Ehlert

March 13, 1992
Half – mission conference
Sister Bott's talk – Alma 26:3
The field is white and ready to harvest. To harvest, you need a sickle. There are different kinds of sickles that accomplish the same thing. Be the instrument in the Lords hand that you can be. Don't try to be a different kind of sickle then the Lord intended you to be.
Faith is the handle of the sickle. You can't let it go. Hope leads to belief which leads to knowledge. Charity and love lead to an eye single to the glory of God.
You don't know what part of a sickle needs to be sharpened and hound, you must use it. Always keep Christ before you as your supreme example. Being humble means being honest in your evaluation of yourself, both strengths and weaknesses.
If everyone works together and does their job, the sickle combines and makes A combine.

Pres. Bott – how to protect your agency from the attacks of the adversary

Agency is not called "free "agency ones in the standard works. There is always a price.
Moses 4
Satan desires to control our agency. This is the point of the ongoing war. Satan deceives, blinds, and leads captive all those who refuse to hearken unto the Lord and keep his commandments. Don't be idle! D&C 58:25-30
Meet – desirable, necessary or prudent..
We can only be guided if we have velocity. We build up the speed and let the Lord guide our direction. 2 Nephi 2:26–27
Act for themselves and not to be acted upon. It is easier for the Lord to tell us which direction to go when we are moving. Move!

President Groberg –
99% of the promptings of the Spirit is simply the feeling that we should do what is right and the confirmation that we are doing what is right. You cannot raise people to higher ground while mouthing them behind their baths.
Set goals in –
1. Strict obedience
2. Number of people you talk to an contact
3. Number of discussions to teach
4. Baptismal goals
Hey Missionaries job description is basically to talk to people.

Elder Christiansen-
Someday, what you've become is going to meet what you could have been. If what you have become is different than what you could have been, you will experience hell. If what you have become is the same as what you could have been, you will experience heaven.
March 14, 1992
Today was a rainy day both weatherwise and work wise. It just seems to be a hard day to catch people at home. I'm not too concerned about it because everyone has days like these, but it just seems to make the they seem long. Elder razor is doing fairly well as far as chunkiness goes, but he just seems like he is not all here. Sometimes he just seems to space off
We picked up a new family today. The mothers name is Mao Xiong. She has five or six kids – all boys and seems to be really receptive. She wants to know about the church and wants to know which church is God's church. She is going to pray about it tonight and go to church with us in the morning, so we will have to see how it goes.

I am really excited about this area. There is just so much going on here that I can't hardly believe it. I love being in the Lord service. I am really trying to do all that I am supposed to do. I hope that my efforts will be excepted will be for my Lord and my redeemer. I don't need to please anyone but him, but I sure hope that he will be pleased with the effort that I am putting forth. My uttermost desire in my mission and in my life is to serve the Lord, my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment