Sunday, March 8, 2015

8/23-8/29/1991

August 24, 1991
Well, we have spent the last two nights at the hospital translating for Meng Lee.  He had to have abdominal surgery.  Anyway, it took a few (a lot) hours in the hospital.  My comp has been sick all day, so we haven’t accomplished much today.  I’m really tired and going to bed.

Aug 26, 1991
Well, we spent all morning 8-noon at the hospital translating for people.  While I was there, the guy that did the ultra-sound was an inactive member.  He expressed a desire to come back to church and asked that we come visit him.
After we went to the hospital, I came home and wrote a bunch of letters.  i also made Kristin a tape.  It had been quite a while since I made her a tape.  I feel pretty good about things tonight.  I just hope that we can make some progress with some of our investigators.  I got some letters from Kristin today.  She seems to be doing really well.  She is really happy to be teaching in Heber.  I really miss that girl.
I also go a letter from dad.  He is doing well too. He is somewhat concerned about my knees.  My family really loves me a lot.  That always helps.

Aug 27, 1991
Well, today was a pretty good day.  however, I don’t seem to feel like we made a lot of progress.  We went to D.D.M. this morning, after which we went to help Yang Seng Vanf’s wife, Neng, at the doctor’s office.  She ended up being admitted to the hospital.  We spent most of the day with her there.  I had the opportunity of watching the give her a C.T. scan.  It was pretty interesting. I still don’t know if I like the ideas of being a radiologist or not.  It would be a job with great hours, great pay, but very little contact with patients.  I’m not sure if I would like that or not.  I think I would like more contact with my patients I certainly have plenty of time to make that decision, 7.5 years, so I guess I won’t witty about it much today.  Anyway, it was kind of near to see the C.T. scan.
After that, we taught a scripture study class at church.  It was absolutely amazing to me that very few of them understand the apostasy.  The one with the best understanding was Kia Her,  Cheng Moua’s wife, but even her understanding was not as food as I had hoped.  i think they all understand now, I just hope they can remember- the Holy Ghost will help with that.
Nom Choj got a job today.  I hope it won’t interfere with his kids’ baptism.
Aug 28, 1991
Bike days- I love ‘em when they go well, I abhor them when they don’t.  My comp had more problems with his bike today.  The first thing that happened was that his chain broke.  Then, walking to the bike shop, he walked it through a few thorn bushes.  That made for a bad day for his bike.
This morning, we got called by the hospital to come and translate for Neng Her.  I got to watch the radiologist drain the infection in her kidney.  It was really neat.  I didn’t know that radiologists got to do minor surgeries like that.  The doctor, surgeries like that.  The doctor, Dr. Terry, told me that during his residency, he was on call one night of every three weeks.  That ain’t too bad!!
I received letters today from Mr Jacobson and from Kristin.  i was surprised to hear from Jake.  He is doing pretty well.  he wants me to go to St Johns with him next summer to do some scuba diving.  That would be awesome!  I don’t know how it will work into my schedule, but it would be fun.
We taught another discussion to Mon choj’s family today.  i’m still not sure exactly when we’ll baptize those kids.  Probably this Saturday.  That will definitely be great!  I can’t wait!
Aug 29, 1991
Today was really a great day.  We taught three discussions today, saw a number of our members, and helped the Childs move in.  Elder and Sister Child are the best !  I am so glad to have them here.  They will be such an asset to our branch.  I am really excited about it.
I found out today that Elder Jasperson was taken out of the Hmong program today.  I feel really sorry for him.  I don’t know anything else about it, only that he was transferred to an English ward.  I feel really sorry for him. but I am sure that President Bott is doing what he things is best.  I am also sure that President Bott received inspiration on the matter.  I hope that Elder Jasperson can learn what he needs to learn in order to avoid problems like this in the future.

We finished the discussions with Mon Choj’s two sons today who will be baptized Saturday.  brother Dolberg still has not straightened out the situation with Nom Choj’s records.  I really don’t know what he plans to do about it.  I just hope that he makes some kind of a decision soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment