Sunday, March 8, 2015

8/9-8/15/1991

Aug 9, 1991

Zone conference was this morning. I absolutely love to hear President Bott talk.  The Spirit is always there when he talks. For that reason, it is always enjoyable.  He talked to us about hypocrisy and how we as missionaries needed to avoid it.  Also, one of the AP’s talked about the need that each church member has to struggle and fight for a testimony every day.  No one is just granted a strong enough testimony to make it through this life to the Celestial Kingdom.  We must all struggle for and fight for out testimonies of the gospel.  i need to spend some more effort in my own struggle.
When I got back today, there was a ton of mail in my mailbox.  I got a letter from Mom, Dad, Brett and Kristin.  I also got some pictures from Kristin.  It was so good to hear from everyone.  Things at home are going well. Apparently they are progressing fairly well on the repair from the water damage.  Kristin has found a place to stay in Heber and will move there one week from today.  i can’t tell what has been going on with her lately.  i get the felling that she hasn’t exactly been waiting faithfully for me to come home.  I just hate that!  I really don’t know if things will ever work out or not.  The more times she does that, the less I feel it can ever be fixed.  I can’t waste my time worrying about it now.  I will just have to wait until I get home to see what happens.

Aug 10, 1991
Well, what else is new?  We had one heck of a time ever seeing anyone today.  I’m not sure exactly why it is that we have had such a difficult time getting with our investigators, but it has really been hard.  Tonight we went to see Kao Lee.  It was so good to see that his prayers had bee answered.  he know that Joseph Smith is a prophet. We did not challenge him for baptism because his wife didn’t know for sure if she had been answered yet or not.  i surely hope that they will come to church tomorrow.  I really hope that we will be able to get some people ready to be baptized soon.  It has been a long time since someone was baptized here.  That definitely makes for some long months in the mission field.  I hope that the Lord will soon let us reap some of the fruits of our efforts.  it will all have to be done in the Lord’s due time.  That is the hardest thing for me to remember.
I have been making a conscious effort to pray always today.  I can truly say that I have felt a real difference in the spirit I have felt throughout the day.
Knees still bother ing me- considering talking to preside t about seeing and orthopedic  surgeon.

Aug 11, 1991
Today at church was awesome!  We had more people show up at church today than we have had since I arrived in Stockton.  The two hours before church was spent calling every single person on our members list.  Our church records are a mess.  One of the numbers listed for out members is the telephone number for the L.D.S. employment center!  Anyway it looks as if we will have to spend quite a bit more time getting everything straightened out.  We had two Melchezidek priesthood holders come today for the first time since I’ve been in Stockton.  It was great!!!
Tonight I spoke at the fireside for the youth of the Hmong and Lao branches.  i spoke on honesty.  It went pretty well, but it was hard to get them to participate very much.  However, after the closing prayer, I talked to the hmong kids about temple marriage and importance of it.  IT was great!  I really enjoyed that.  We talked about the trade-off  that people make by not going to the temple.  I have wanted  a chance like that since my mission started.
Also, today Kao Lee and his wife and his mother came to church. That was awesome too!
The Lord is really blessing us here.  I hope ad pray that he will continue to do so.  i finished the New Testament today and receive a strong witness of it truthfulness.

Aug 13, 1991
We rode our fetching bikes all over this city today.  my left knee hurts bad enough that it is really starting to scare me a lot.  I don’t know what to do about it.  President Bott will be here tomorrow morning for apartment inspections.  i think that I will ask him to give me a blessing.  I’ve bee trying to ignore it or a long time, but it is really starting to get to me a lot.  i’ll take to President about it tomorrow .
We went down to Nom Choj Vaj’s house tonight with President Yang.  We scheduled a baptismal date for them, August 31.  President Yang did really well at working with them.  i always like to watch how the native Hmong church leaders work with the Hmong people.  I always learn so much from that.
I received a letter from Grandpa Hansen today.  It always makes me feel good to hear from he and Grandma.  Grandma couldn’t write this time because the arthritis in her hand is pretty bad.  Anyway, it was sure good to hear from them.
This morning, right after Z.D.M., we went to see Kao Lee and his wife.  We had an awesome discussion, one of the best of my mission.  We challenged them to be baptized on the 31at also.  I really hope and pray that their hearts will be open to the answers that they receive when they pray.
The work is going forward.

August 15, 1991
well, I talked to President Bott yesterday about my knees.  Afterwards, he gave me a blessing.  It was really a neat blessing.  he told me that no matter what is wrong with my knees, the problem would not be something that I took home with me.
After talking with my parents, I called Dr. Agarwal back in Omaha. He told me that since I was a missionary he didn’t want me to spend any money.  As a result, he is mailing me 50 tablets of medicine for my knees.  I feel a lot better about my knees.  Dr. Agarwal made me feel like not matter what was wrong, he could take care of it.  Between the blessing I got and talking to Dr. Agarwal, I;m not even worried about my knees any more.  
I heard from Kristin today.  She is still feeling pretty guilty about something, but she is sure excited to be graduated and out of school.
It was kind of fun to get to talk to my parents yesterday and this morning.  Everything at hoe seems to be going well.  I am quite looking forward to getting to see all of my family members again.  That is going to be great!

We have been challenging and teaching people for two days straight.  hopefully, we will be able to have some people be ready to be baptized on the 31st of this month.  I am very excited about that.  Well, it’s time for bed.
15

No comments:

Post a Comment