Sunday, March 8, 2015

12/16-12/23/1991

Dec 16, 1991
I am dead tired.  We steam cleaned the carpets in two apartments this morning.  That is a lot more work than I thought it would be.  Anyway, we spent a long time cleaning this morning.  it was kind of interesting to see the way that different Elders reacted to the task.  Some jump right in and get to work, some wait to be asked for their help and thereafter work hard.  Some wait to be asked, work for a short time, and then find an excuse to quit or go do something else.  Then there are even some that don’t ever help at all.  i am really grateful for the fact that my parents helped me to learn how to work. I also realize how important it is for me to teach my children how to work.  The same Elders that rolled up their sleeves and got to work are the same Elders that are the really good Elders.
I really wish that I could shake this cold.  I am sick and tired of being sick.  It’s not that I have been a ll that sick, it’s just that the constant cold is wearing me down.  i have a hard time with the cold weather too.
Dr. Agarwall sent me some more medicine for my knees today, so that was cool.  At least now the cold weather won’t make my knees hurt.
The Spirit has been really strong lately.  I hope I can continue to be worthy of the accompaniment of the Holy Ghost.
Dec 17, 1991
Where does the time go?  I can’t believe that 1992 is only 14 days away.  It seems like I have all ways planned on going home from my mission and going on with life, but never until 1992.  !992- that is so far away.  Go back to school?  Yeah- but not until 1992.  What a wreck- I can’t believe it is nearly here!  My mission is now 18 1/2 months old.  i have so much more to do.  I can’t believe it.
Today was one of those days that I have occasionally.  I spent all day working and got little to nothing accomplished.  We did get to teach Cib Lis and his family.  They are the greatest.  I really hope that we can get that family to be baptized.  The oldest boy, Ker, has been playing hookey and causing his parents more stress than I can imagine.  Anyway, it went well and I hope they will get on the ball.
Dec 21, 1991
Well, Elder Jeppson was transferred on Thursday.  My new companion is Elder Badell.  i lived with him for a while in Stockton.  he is a pretty good guy.  He is a little overbearing at times, but he want to work hard and he is a good missionary.  he is also a Z.L., so he can help me to deal with all of the problems that arise.
My parents sent me a very nice 18 Karat gold Raymond Weil watch for Christmas.  it is really nice.  The only problem is that I am not sure that I can wear it anywhere but to church.  I guess I can find out when I call home at Christmas.
The missionary work here is going fantastic!  Elder Badell speaks Lao very well, so he is able to translate well enough that he is fun to teach with.  The Hmong families that we are working with are coming along really well.  We are working with Cib Lis Neeb Lis, Niam Kaim Lis, and Niam Vaj Khwb Lis the most right now.  Khul Lee’s wife told us Friday about a dream she had in which she saw her entire body glowing.  She felt that was an answer to her prayer about whether or not she should be baptized.  She says she wants to get baptized, so that is awesome!  We are going to try to set a date for after the end of the year tomorrow when we go see her and her husband.
Dec 23, 1991
Today was Hmong New Year in Merced.  It was really fun to get all dressed up in Hmong clothes and go see all of the Hmong people.  Hmong people are the best!  They absolutely love you just for being you.  That is the best.
Yesterday was the Christmas program at church.  We met with the Americans for the program.  i can honestly say that it was the most spiritually uplifting sacrament meeting that I have ever attended.  it was awesome.  it felt so good to feel the Spirit so strongly.  I was absolutely overwhelmed to sit there and contemplate the sacrifice that Christ truly made for me.  i was absolutely flooded with love. The love that the Savior has for each and everyone of us is incredible.

I know that my Redeemer lives.  I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior.  He atoned for my sins and was resurrected that all might be raised from the dead to meet Him at the great judgment bar.  I look forward to that day.  i still must do much preparation before that day, but I look forward to the day that I will be able to enter into the rest of my Father.  i write this in the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment