Jan 4, 1992
Today was really a good day. We taught 6 discussions and just had a good all around day. I am really tired.
I have been giving some thought lately to what I want to do for a living when I get home. I’m not so sure that I want to be a doctor anymore. I’m not at all thrilled with the idea of doing the same thing every day for the rest of my life. If I go home and go to work with my Dad, I might have a little more mobility. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see what happens when I get home.
Jan 5, 1992
Well we are staying in Los Banos for tonight. Tomorrow morning President Bott and the AP’s will be picking us up to take us up to San Bruno to get some newly purchased cars. We will be driving up together and then driving back in separate cars. From now on we will have a car for the Asian Elders in Merced. That is probably happening just in time for me to get transferred. Anyway, it will be nice to have a car for a while.
Today at church was awesome! Me Xiong and her children came to church today. We had six investigators at church today. We also had a really good lesson in Priesthood meeting. The only thing that went wrong was that during Sunday School Blong Lee was teaching the class out of the Jehovah’s witness book. It took all of the energy that I had to keep the lesson doctrinally correct without offending or embarrassing the teacher. Afterwards Blong and I had a really good talk. We are feign to meet with long later this week and we will get him some better books to read. I guess I better get going.
January 7, 1992
Yesterday was great! We rode up to San Bravo with Pres. and Sis Bott. We had a good talk with them. On the way home, we had permission to stop at the Stanford bookstore at Stanford. It was really fun to go back there. I am really glad that I decided to go to BYU instead of Stanford. That is a neat school, but I don't think it is a very good place for A single LDS person.
Today was kind of slow. I had a chance to talk with sub Lis. That was a pretty depressing. There isn't much chance of him going home. That is really a sad situation, but it surely makes it easier for his wife and children to get baptized.
Tsees Lis is getting further and further away. Ever since he decided to not get baptized, he has been drifting farther and farther off the path. I don't know how to help him. Tomorrow is the phone conference with Pres., maybe I'll get some good ideas then.
January 9, 1992
Today was a pretty good day. It really felt good to get back into the routine of teaching again. Between going to Modesto yesterday and San Brunel on Monday, I feel like we haven't accomplished much at all this week. Anyway, today we were able to teach a lot of people.we spent a lot of time working with Lao people today.
Tonight I went with Lou Mona to see Me Xiong and her children. It went really well. I absolutely love to teach the gospel to people. It is so amazing to see the countenance of others change as they feel the influence of the Holy Ghost during the course of a discussion.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true and living Church on the face of the earth today. I know that God lives. I know that Jesus Christ atone for my sins and rose from the dead on the third day! I know that the book of Mormon is true. I know that Joseph Smith, was a prophet of God.
I know this more firmly than I have ever known this in my whole life. I love to share the gospel I have a burning desire to share the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I write these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment