Dec 3, 1991
Today was awesome. Last night we went to Chi Lee’s and decorated a Christmas tree with his family. That was really fun. Today we got to teach quite a bit. While we were teaching Tsees Lis, his uncle was also listening. It was really neat because while we were teaching about Joseph Smith, the Spirit told me the instant that his uncle knew it was true. At the end of the discussion, his uncle asked if he could be baptized. Things here in this area are getting ready to explode! I can’t wait.
Tonight we went to see Chi Lee (Cib Lis) and his family. He said that his father had not granted permission for him to be baptized. Tomorrow, he is going to invite his dad over to his house for dinner. If his dad goes, I will go and talk to him. I really hope that the Lord will soften his gather’s heart so that his father will allow that family to progress.
We scheduled Tsees Lis’s baptism for the 14th. We need to go Thursday and teach him the word of wisdom and the plan of salvation. Hopefully that will go well.
Dec 4, 1991
I got a letter from Kristin today. She told me that she was sorry for all she has done and that she still wants to marry me when I get home. I can’t believe that she would think that she could literally sleep around while I’m on my mission, say she is spotty, and have everything be just wonderful when I get home. I don’t even know what she could be thinking. She must be crazy. I just don’t get it.
Today I went out to Atwater to team-up with the American Elders out there. We did some tracking. That is the first time that I have ever done that. it was kind of fun. We also taught a discussion to a teenage girl who seems to be about as “golden” as she could come. I am fairly sure that she will be baptized soon. Tonight we went to some Lao houses. We taught the fifth discussion to the family who will be getting baptized on Saturday, so that was good.
We also went back to Tsees Lis’s house this morning and taught a discussion to him. It went well. We committed him to quit smoking, so that was good. i don’t think he had that big of a problem with it anyway, but it will be something that I will have to follow-up on before he is baptized on the 14th.
Dec 5, 1991
Quite honestly today has been kind of a depressing day. It seems as though the Hmong work was not up to par today. I’m also really tired. This respiratory virus that has been going around seems to be getting the best of me. I a ashamed to admit it, but Kristin’s last letter has been eating at me too.
This morning , Elder Sorenson came up here and went out teaching with us. He was made the new AP yesterday. That seems really scary to me to realize that someone that I came out with has been out long enough to be a AP. When the time comes for me to go home, I am afraid that I simply will not be ready. I have so far to go in my personal progress and in my fulfillment of my duties as a missionary. I sincerely hope and pray that I can fulfill the Lord’s design concerning me. I hope and pray that the Lord will support me and hold me up that I never give in to Satan. I know that with the Lord’s help I can fulfill the great work which He sent me here to accomplish.
The Church is true! I love being a missionary, I just wish that I could do a better job at it.
Dec 7, 1991
Well, I have found that most baptism days are pretty hectic. Today was certainly no exception. It seems as though nothing at all could go right. The baptism was awesome. We baptized the Jonmanikhout family. It went really well. Elder Jeppson did all of the baptisms. I confirmed Somsay, the youngest boy. The Spirit was so strong at the baptism.
After the baptism, things smoothed right out. We went and taught a discussion to Nom Yeej Lis. It went so well. he said that he wants to be sure and repent of all of his sins before he is baptized so that he does it right. I love teaching the gospel and I am learning a lot.
I got some birthday presents from Mom and Dad and a card from Grandpa and Grandma. I can’t believe I’ll soon be 21!
No comments:
Post a Comment