Dec 10, 1991
At the start of my mission, it was really easy to find time to write in my journal. now it seems like I never have time.
These past few days have been quite hectic. Yesterday, for my birthday, we cooked the steaks that Mom and Dad sent. They were really good. It made me realize how much I miss Mom’s home cooking. I really miss eating the kind of food that I can’t afford as a missionary.
Chao Chi Ly is still planning on being baptized this Saturday. I hope and pray that everything will come together. Being a missionary is really fun, but sometimes not knowing for sure if things will work out or not is kind of stressful.
Being a zone leader is kind of fun. The only complaint I have is that I spend 90% of my time dealing with 10% of the Elders in the zone. I wish that we could spend our time working on ways to improve our effectiveness instead of working on getting Elders to just get their head into the ballgame.
I got a bunch of balloons and candy from Kristin yesterday. I really wish she would just leave me alone.
Dec 11, 1991
1/2 Mission Conference
AP’s Talks-
Elder Barclay- What is real strength?
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is STRENGTH!
Priesthood is STRENGTH!
Prayer is STRENGTH!
Testimony, service, humility are Strength.
Our Savior Jesus Christ is strength!
Feeling the Holy Ghost’s presence is strength
Only those who rely on God are able to posses true strength.
Companions generate strength.
Elder Elmer-
The birth of the Savior Jesus Christ is the single most important event ever.
There is a difference between focusing in Christ and focusing on Christ.
We must focus our lives in order to have an abundance of the Spirit. EYE SINGLE TO THE GLORY OF GOD.
Sacramental Prayer-
Remember Him, Keep His Commandments,
Willing to take upon me His name
So I can always have His spirit to be with me.
Mosiah 18- Stand as a witness at all times and in all places.
**Create and keep a lasting Vision- in yourself first- then in your investigators
Always focus discussions on Christ so investigators will feel the Spirit.
Continue on in the way of the Lord.
Elder Sorenson- Service
If Christ, whom we call our God, could spend His life in our service, then how much more we should serve on e another.
Motivation for acts of service is Key.
Serve your companion.
Have I done any good in the world today?
President Bott
Christ suffered all D&C 19
‘Young man, most of the work in this world is done by people who don’t feel very well.” Harold B Lee
It is through small acts one gains salvation. The little, daily things one does add up to salvation.
Matthew 25:35-40 (sep vs 40)
Hungered- 2 Nephi 32:3, Matthew 5:6
Thirst- Joshn 7:37-39 (satisfied or quenches only through revelations of the HG.
Stranger- Eph 2:19-20, Moro 6:4-5
Naked- Eph 6:11-18, D&C 27:15-18
Sick- World of Sin. Mosiah 27:29
Prision- Habits, Sin, Unbelief
John 16:33, Alma 37:34- Be cheerful in tribulation.
D&C 76:5-15 Reward of tribulations endured.
Dec 13, 1991
Well, I forgot to write in my journal again yesterday. Chaos Chi Ly decided not to get baptized tomorrow. After he was interview, he said he wanted to wait for a while. i’ not too sure why, but he said that he wasn’t ready. I’m not sure what he things he has to do to get ready either. He says that it’s personal, and he can’t talk about it. I guess we’ll just have to keep working with him.
Today was a pretty good day. I have really been tired today. IT seems like every night I just barely lay down and the alarm immediately goes off. I don’t know where those seven or eight hours go to, but it doesn’t seem like I get to sleep very long.
I went with Yang Xiong today to teach Chi Lee and his family. I love that family so much. They are just awesome. I hope and pray that we can work things our with their relatives so that they can all be baptized. We’ll just have to keep working and praying.
I had a notice in the mailbox tonight that I Received a package tomorrow. I’ll find out who it is from.
Dec 14, 1991
Dec 14, 1991
Yesterday, some people left some toy dart guns on our proc as a Christmas present. Even as I write, darts are flying about the room. The Elders are really having fun. My gun broke already :(
Today has been a pretty good day. Tonight I taught a discussion to 3 Hmong teenage girls who just got here from France. IT was really fun to teach them. They are living with Paul Lee (Their uncle) Who is the 2nd counselor in our Branch Presidency. It was really fun to teach them. I had to teach in black Hmong and English and then let them discuss it in French and explain it back to me. I thought it would take forever.
Being the zone leader is fun, but it is also rather frustrating. I wish that I could make the other Elders realize what it is that they are about. I wish they could see how urgent their hob and message are.
I have really notice lately that as I explain things to the Elders or teach them, I often learn as I help them, It is really amazing to me how that works. I a quite often amazed at the words that come out of my mouth. As long as I prayerfully consider my responses, I find that I am taught from on high as I tach. That is really an awesome feeling.
(Dad has discover the secret of being enabled with knowledge… it comes easily when you are trying to help someone. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment