Aug 31, 1991
Yesterday was kind of a discouraging day. It seemed like it took all day to get absolutely nothing done. We did manage to get some baptismal interviews done, as well as taking Elder and Sister Child around. It was really fun to see them meet their very first Hmong people. It was amazing to see the instant bond of friendship That occurs the very moment that they meet a Hmong person. There is something very special about that couple that I can’t really explain. I am really excited to spend the nest week really showing them around and getting them used to the hmong people.
I have really had a hard time keeping my spirits up lately. It just seems like we have accomplished so little lately. I don’t know for sure how we can pick things up, but we surely need to do something soon.
It seems as though the minute things pick up, I become satisfied and things kind of plateau.
It just seems like we have been stuck on one plateau for way too long. I’m not exactly sure what we’ll have to do to get off of that flat spot, but we’ll do it.
The baptism today was the greatest!! We ended up having 7 children of record baptisms along with 2 converts 9Nom Choj’s two boys, Xiong and Thao Vang) IT was awesome! It has really been a long time since I got to perform the actual ordinance of baptizing someone. I wish that Nom Choj and his wife could have been baptized at the same time, but I guess Brother Dolberg will figure all of that our sooner or later. I also had the opportunity to confirm a lot of them. Some of those children have truly marvelous things in store for them. It is truly amazing to me the strength the some of those children’s spirits have. It was a strength that I felt immediately when placing my hands on their heads.
We spent most of the rest of the day taking the childs around to meet our members. They are truly great people. We had the opportunity to teach Yang Pao Vang how to administer to his son who had the children pox. It is always such a rewarding experience to see a man learn how to use the priesthood to bless the lies of his family.
Today has been very tiring but it has truly been a spiritual feast. Days like today are the ones that just seem to make being a missionary worth while.
Sept 1, 1991
I can’t believe that another month has gone by so soon. However, August did seem to last a lot longer than June or July. I don’t know why, but some months just seem to go by far faster than others.
Today was a pretty good day. We got to an awful lot of people today for a Sunday, especially a fast Sunday, especially a fast Sunday. However, it just didn’t work out for us to teach any discussions to anyone.
Church went well today. We did not have as many priesthood holders there as I would have like to see, but we had a fairly large number of people there, I’m not sure what we need to do to get the men to come more often, but I wish we could figure out something to help them.
Tonight we nearly ran out of gas. The car stalled a number of times on the way home. Each time it restarted Heavenly Father truly hears and answers prayers.
Pao Vang bore his testimony today in church. He is the epileptic boy who I have been helping get treatment. Anyway, his testimony was one of the strongest that I have ever seen born. He told the story of his struggle with epilepsy and the help that the Lord had given him. It was really neat to hear him and feel the strength of the Spirit. his entire countenance has changed in the last four months.
Sept 4, 1991
Well, it has been a few days since I have written i this journal. Things are going better this week than last. We have been very busy. I have been concentration on really planning our days better and it has been helping a lot. I felt for a while like Elder Taylor really wanted more say in what we did. I tried to let him have more say, but I found that he never said much. The problem was that he really didn’t mind the way that it was. After a long talk, I realized that it just didn’t matter much to him what we did. i had assumed that he was being so quiet and non-interested because he was upset or something. It turns out that he wasn’t upset, he just kind of goes with the flow. I guess that’s all right. I just wish that he would try to take a more active roll in what we are doing.
Today we went back to see Tsee vang. We taught him part of a 1st discussion. Agter that, I really tried to explain to him why it was that we teach people, why it is os important. he committed to really pray about baptism and make a decision. He knows already that the church is true, the Book of Mormon is true, and prophets exist. He has an excellent understanding of the priesthood and priesthood authority. He even told us that he knew that us telling him to be baptized was no different than Jesus christ telling him to be baptized because we had been called of God. i hope and pray that he can he can have the strength to make the commitments that he needs to make.
No comments:
Post a Comment