Sunday, March 8, 2015

11/1-11/8/1991

Nov 1, 1991
Today was an awesome day!  We taught 6 discussions, 4 of which were to Hmong families.  I love days like that!  Days that we got to teach a lot are the best.  We were so busy that we didn’t even have time for lunch.  I don’t think that my comp.  appreciated that very much, but he didn’t seem to mind very much either.
This morning, I prayerfully set a goal to have someone ready to be baptized on the 23rd of this month.   As a result, I will be challenging everyone I teach to be baptized on that day.  I hope and pray that someone will take that invitation.  I felt really good about that date when I prayed about it, so I’ll just have to wait and see how it goes.  I hope that we can get someone baptized.
Today we taught one of out discussions to Lou Lee and her member husband Khou Lee.  I feel really good about the way things went.  Khon was taught the gospel only in english before his baptism, so he know no more than his nonmember wife.  We had to resolve a whole lot of concerns about life and death and the after life.  I was surprised at how many misconceptions he had that seem to stem from Buddhism.  I’m not sure, but I would guess he has studied buddhism quite a bit.  
Nov 2, 1991
Today was definitely not as fast-paced as yesterday.  We only managed to get 3 discussions but they all went pretty well.  i went to see Tsab Vaj tonight.  I’m afraid that were not making much progress with him.  He continues to say that all churches are good and we all worship one God anyway.  I just wish that I could make him see that since there is only one God, that God would only create one church; therefore, there is only one completely true church on the face of the entire earth.  i guess I’ll just keep praying for him and we’ll see how it goes.  Satan is so powerful.  He deceives people to the point that they have no desire to find the light.  As soon as someone stops trying to progress, they are in severe trouble.  Satan tries to lull us into the “all is well” state of mind.  As soon as we think we are doing well, we are open targets for pride, the biggest cause of sin among the human race.
I received mail from Jennifer Eilers, Mom, and Grandpa Hansen today.  It was sure a boost to here from them.  Everything is going well back home.  My family went on a vacation to Colorado to see the Fredericks and just had a great time.  I miss my family, but I know that what I am doing is more important than being home right now.  All of those sick feelings I had inside all summer while Kristin was cheating on me are gone.  I should had listened to the Spirit and broken things off with her when I was in Visalia.
Nov 3, 1991
Church today was quite disappointing.  We only had about 50 people show up and no investigators.  I’m not too sure about what to do.  We will be meeting with President Davis on Tuesday morning.  I’m not sure what we will come up with, but I hope that we’ll  be able to come up with something.
After church I went with Brother Dyas to the home of Yia Lee. Yia lost his sight and both of his arms in the war in Laos.  Some people would say that he is lucky to be alive.  he has a great deal of faith in God and in the church.  He is also very bright.  Anyway, we went out and administered the sacrament to him.  It was really one of the best experiences of my whole mission.  I really enjoyed feeling the Spirit as I blessed the water for that humble man to partake of.  Sometimes exercising one’s priesthood can be extremely humbling.
I’m really tired.  I think I’do some planning for the upcoming week and hit the sack.
Nov 6, 1991
The work here is going well.  I feel good about what is happening.  I really have had a lot of good experiences here in Merced all ready.  We taught 6 discussions today, so it was definitely a good day.  The only problem with days like this is getting a chance to rest.  
I got up early this morning and went with Elder Pea to lift weights. It sure felt good to exercise again.
Nov 7, 1991

Well, today was zone conference.  President Bott said a number of things that really helped me.  He talked on how to get answers from prayer and how to know whether or not that answer is from Satan.  The most important thing that he told us was that the Lord always tells us in our hearts and our minds.  This was very important to me personally.  My relationship with Kristin had felt right for a long time, but it has never made logical sense.  President reminded me that I must receive answers to prayers in both my heart and my mind.  I am very grateful for the difficult problems that my relationship with Kristin had given me.  It has helped me to learn many things that will help me for the rest of my life.  I have learned that Satan can answer a prayer incorrectly to lead us astray.  He can answer in out hearts or our minds, but never both. I had been sorely deceived.  Satan had at times answered me in my mind & at times in my heart, but never both simultaneously.  I can’t believe I forgot that.  However, I also believe that my relationship with Krisitin was her chance for complete repentance and a temple marriage.  The Lord knew she would blow it, but the chance had to be given her.  That way she could never say that she never was forgiven for the sins of her youth.  The chance had to be given her basically for her own damnation.  I hope that  someday she can work things our, but at this point I have to say that I can not righteously recommend her to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment