Sunday, March 8, 2015

12/24- 1/3/1992

Dec 28, 1991
I certainly haven’t done very well lately at writing in my journal.  We just got back from Hmong New Year in Fresno.  We were there yesterday and today.  it was so much fun.  I have never felt so much the center of attention in my life.  What we would do is this.  we would walk around in our native Hmong costumes and talk to everyone in Hmong.  It usually didn’t take too long for a crowd to gather. Then I would talk to everyone e and goof off for a while.  Sometimes I would sing a Kwv txhiaj.  I would ask them who knew about the Mormon church.  I would explain what we do as missionaries and ask them if they wanted to know more about the church.  I would ask those that did to give their names and addresses to me or Elder Badell.  It was a very good way to get referrals.  Their usually were 2 or 3 people in each crowd that wanted to study.  we ended up with about 45 referrals.
It was so awesome to see everybody again.  i got to see all of the people from Stockton and Fresno that I used to know.  It is strange how close I feel to the people that I helped teach and baptize.  There is a  bond between us that I can’t explain. 

Dec 30, 1991
Today was really a great day!  We were able to see and tach 5 families.  It is so awesome to be able to spend all day long teaching the gospel.  I love it!
Lou Lee told us today that she was 4 months pregnant and she wants to wait to be baptized until her baby is born.  we asked her to pray about being baptized on the 18th of January.  I hope that she will receive an answer to her prayer and decide to be baptized soon.
Last night Chi Lee’s (Cib LIs)  wife called us on the phone and said that he had left her to go find a new wife.  I don’t know how a guy could possibly leave his wonderful family that way.  We went to see them tonight and we gave his wife a blessing.  I hope and pray that he will have a change of heart and go back home.  his wife is just a wreck.  I don’t see who in the world a guy could leave his family and still be able to live with himself.
We are sure teaching a lot of people now. Ii only wish that we could get some of them to be baptized.
Elder Badell and I are getting along pretty well.  He is really a good guy.  It is really nice to have a companion who wants to wrk hard.  I hope that the people we are working with will soon want to be baptized.

Jan 1, 1992
I can not believe that it is 1992!  I can’t believe all of the growth that has taken place in me in the last year. Wow!  I can’t believe what the next year holds in store for me.  I am really scared to have to go home.  To think that this year I will complete my mission, reenter college and be home at this time next year absolutely blows my mind! This mission is going by way too fast.
Today was supposed to be a P-day but it didn’t quite end up that way. We went this morning to take the Lee kids to the park to get them out of their mom’s hair for a while.  After that, we just seemed to find one thing right after another that needed to be done all day long.  As a result, we didn’t have any time for a preparation day.  Next Monday will come soon enough.
We did take a break tonight to watch the Orange Bowl.  Nebraska got kicked around by Miami :(
Yesterday we had a butt-chewing session for the whole zone.  I think that we finally suceeded in waking some of these Elders up.

Jan 3, 1992
Today has been a pretty darn good day.  We have made some good contacts,taught some good discussions, and had an overall good day.
We have so many people to teach now that it is really hard to get to all of them.  There just isn’t enough time in the day.
Me Xiong is doing a lot better today than ever,  She has got a good hold on what’s going on and her children are coping well too.  i sure hope that they don’t end up giving any of the children to CIB.  That would be a shame.  There is still the chance that he will come home, but with each passing day it grows smaller and smaller.
Lou Lee has had an answer to her prayer and wants to get baptized.  The only problem is that she wants to wait until her baby is born in May before she is baptized.  I sure hope that she wil change her mind.

It is funny how people don’t have time during school due to all of the activities associated there with, yet, they don’t have time during vacation because of all of the things they want to do before school starts again.  The Church is still true.

No comments:

Post a Comment