Sunday, March 8, 2015

2/16-2/28/ 1992

February 19, 1992
           Today we were able to get back on track and get back to teaching a lot of our investigators. Between Sunday, P-day and D. D. M. And branch presidency meeting on Tuesday we don't seem to be able to do much on those threedays. Besides that, we went and helped arouny ( a Lao member that we have been working on reactivating) move into a new house that she bought. Anyway, we didn't get much done over the last three days. (remember, when you feel like you're not getting much done that things like helping people move and branch presidency meeting do good in ways that you cannot predict. Serving in the church as a missionary or not is not about just doing the job assignment outlined in the calling, it's about being Christ hands with everyone that you come in contact with. Sometimes that requires us to do things that we don't see the benefits of)
We went to and taught tou lee and his wife today. She said that she wants to be baptized on March 7. That will be cool for elder Reeser to have a baptism so close to the time he goes home. We also taught tooj khwb Lis and his brother today. Those two guys are the coolest! I hope and pray that we will be able to act as instruments in the Lords hands in bringing those two into the waters of baptism as well as their families.
Things are going pretty well with elder Reeser. We have some things to work on, that we are doing well. One of the key things for us to work on is his motivation.
February 25, 1992
One of the Lao families that Elder Badel and I taught together got baptized. That was cool. I got to confirm the youngest boy.
I got an interesting call from Elder Sorenson today. After talking about a number of things, he told me that I am being released as a leader and that elder Reser is going to be called to replace me. He also expressed how much I would need to help Elder Reeser as the zone leader. I just don't get it. I have been a zone leader for only three months. I finally feel like we were starting to get this down going the way that it should be going. I really enjoyed being a zone leader. I wish that Pres. Bott would allow me to continue in that position for a while. I wonder what he really thinks of me. I wonder what's up. Can you tell me how much leadership ability I have and how well I am doing and then promptly releases me. I guess that sometimes you just have to have the faith to keep going. Elder Sorenson says that they are relying on me to lead and guide my companion as the zone leader. I just don't get it at all. I'm sure that the Lord has something in mind, I just wish that I knew what it was. ( The Lord does not call the most qualified people to positions in the church, he calls those that need the experience of the position. Dad didn't need that experience anymore, but dad needed a little dose of humility. Dad needed to learn how to influence people from a supporting position. He already knew how to influence them from a leading position. We can't always be leaders, but we are always supporters.)
February 28, 1992
We got a call from Pres. Bott this morning about 2 AM. He said that an elder had turned up missing any thought maybe he had come to Merced to see a divorce lady who is a member of the church. Anyway, Pres. ask me and Elder ehlert to go find him. We went and picked up Elder Enos, from Hawaii, and he took us to the apartment. We went to the door and knocked. After a pause the door opens wide-no lights were on in the house. When the light came on, the sister was standing at the door and Elder Taylor was sitting on the couch. I said "put your shoes on and go get in the car." He said that he hadn't brought any shoes, so I said, "then go get in the car. "I then drove the car that he brought back up to Oakdale and the other two elders went back home to sleep.
Elder Taylor and I drove back to Oakdale, packed all of his stuff up, and he went down to Fresno for president to decide if he should be transferred out of the mission or send home dishonorably. The whole thing is really sad. I hope that Elder Taylor can get a grip on things and try to get back on track.
It is 2:30 PM now, I haven't been to bed yet, and I have an appointment with the stake president at three then we have appointments until 9:30. I pray that the Lord will give me the strength to do the things I need to do today.

I feel good that Pres. Bott called I need to deal with that problem. It makes me feel better about being released. One thing that I am concerned about is that presidents never talked to Elder Reeser about this. I guess I will deal with that tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment