Sunday, March 8, 2015

3/1-3/8/1992

March 2, 1992
I took a two-hour nap yesterday and finally got some sleep. I have felt a lot better ever since. Saturday morning Tsees got baptized. It was so awesome. His mom came to watch and everything! He has a ways to go yet, but he is doing really well. After his baptism, the guys had a basketball game against one of the word from Atwater. They almost one, but they just couldn't hold out
Yesterday, we finally got back into doing missionary work after our early-morning fiasco on Friday. It really felt good. We didn't fast yesterday because we just didn't feel good after the mess. We'll fast next week. That way we can make up for it.
I called Pres. Bott Saturday and ask if I could stay out until the June transfer. He said I could, but I would have to clear it with my parents. I called home and mom and dad really frowned on the idea. I guess I'll have to quit being a missionary someday it might as well be in May.
Some hmong people came down from Stockton to go to church with us on Sunday. It was sure good to see them. They are planning on going to the temple in July. My parents said that I could go back and go to the temple with them then. That is going to be really cool.
March 4, 1992
I am so excited about this area right now but I can hardly stand it. We just finished teaching Me xiong and her children. They are seriously considering baptism again. Oh! I wish that we could get them over the edge so that they could receive the blessings of baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost. That is such an awesome family! My heart just aches for them. I wish that their dad would just get a grip on life. It is really sad to see what he has done to his family. Anyway, they are getting really close to being ready for baptism. The wisdom of the Holy Ghost would really help them a lot at this point.
The other families that are getting close are Tooj Lis and Npliaj Lis and his family. If they would just take the time to honestly pray about it, I know that they would be ready to be baptized soon. If only I could make these people see how many blessings the gospel would bring into their lives. If only I could make them see how much their father in heaven loves them. I just wish that I could somehow open their eyes, I guess I should be content with the abilities that the Lord has given me, but I know that there must be something else that we could do to help us be more effective. We have so many precious family's investigating right now. There must be something more that we can do to help them.( this was the impression that came after I read that. Your dad wanted you to have something else that he did not have on his mission. He knew you could be more effective if he and his grandpa were on the other side helping you. He knew that those close bonds would give you access to their spiritual gifts as you became one with the Savior and with them.)
March 7, 1992
Well, today was kind of an up-and-down day. We had a baptismal service for tou lee's wife. It was definitely the up part of the day. It was really neat to see him baptize his wife. He had to do it twice because your name came up, but it all worked out fine. I was really stressed before the baptism because of the fact that everyone came late and she forgot to bring a towel and dry underwear. She had to go back home and get it. Anyway, we started about an hour late, but we got the job done. I got to confirm her. During her confirmation, I was really impressed with the fact that she and her husband will be blessed with eternal posterity and growth. 
The hmong guys played an awesome basketball game and one right at the end. What an awesome game. Those guys were so happy. It was great to see.

Tonight I found out that Ker lee and his girlfriend didn't come home last night. Downside of the day. Tonight all of her parents and family are trying to make him marry her. He took off and now nobody knows where he is. It reminds me of something I was once told. You can choose your actions, but you can't use the consequences of those actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment